Friday, November 4, 2011

Requiem for Methuselah


What an up and down day! The day started off so well this morning with a great meeting and a fun time with the kiddos for the first hour. After that it went a bit down hill with some disappointing news, followed by even more disappointing news. The day was just starting to turn around when BOOM a rough ending to the day. Too bad of course I can’t vent concerns here and won’t vent about work. My job is stressful and sometimes overwhelming but I truly love what I do, and honestly I knew what I was getting into when I decided on this career so I really try not to complain (too much at least).

 I stopped by to pick up and old set of reins at my parent’s house and I’m so pumped to use them tomorrow. I have decided that 2011-2012 is the year for me to get back in the saddle as it were. I’m going to start riding despite how much it may hurt my ass and thighs! The pain has to be good right? I mean it comes from stretching and using muscles… has to be good.

Hit the Treadmill today though it was a bit of a slow workout!

Requiem For Methuselah
The Enterprise is in desperate need of medical supplies to prevent a plague from breaking out on the ship. They beam down to a deserted planet and discover that there is a person already living there with a floating robot and an oddly dopy woman. The man does not want to allow them access to the minerals they need but eventually relents but tries to keep the landing party on the surface as long as he can so they can be part of some crazy scheme. McCoy supervises the mineral refining process, Spock looks around in awe of the amazing artifacts, and Kirk of course seduces the woman. The man, Flint, doesn’t like this and gets mad at the crew and tries to frighten them by shrinking the Enterprise and putting it into a bottle. We find that the woman is an android and the Flint an immortal being who lived on Earth at a time and was actually Davinci, Moses, Brahms, and other important academic and creative people throughout history. In the end Flint allows them to leave, The girl is dead and Kirk is heartbroken but Spock fixes that with a mind meld to make him forget.

There are now only 6 episodes left of the original series and then we are on to Star Trek: The Animated Series and I will be watching two episodes per day to make for a full workout.  



No comments:

Post a Comment