Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Lights of Zetar

Today I got to spend some time with two of my favorite colleagues! We try to get together now and then to laugh, vent and have a drink or two. I had one (very weak I might say) Vodka Cranberry and a few chips. I would like to think I had a fairly healthy happy hour. As I have always said clear liquids do not have calories and since vodka is a clear liquid life is all good! I know that there are calories in vodka and I find that completely unfair in so many ways, and all I have to say is Thank God I never really developed a strong taste for beer.
Today’s Workout:
Treadmill: 343 calories and 2.5 miles
I ran for a total of 8 minutes today!
Weekly Weigh-in: 229pounds that is a total of 27 down (nothing gained nothing lost this week)
The Lights of Zetar
The Enterprise is on its way to Memory Alpha a library planet set up by the Federation to store the collective knowledge of the galaxy. While there they are supposed to deposit some equipment and a library scientist (from what I gather at least). It is also revealed in a very heavy handed fashion that Scotty has taken a shine to Lt. Romaine, the new librarian. While on the way the Enterprise is attacked by a mysterious Light Storm and several crew members are affected but none more than Lt. Romaine. When they finally make it to Memory Alpha the entire place has been destroyed by the Light Storm. The Enterprise is then attacked again and the persistent Lights finally over take the ship. Much talk and research is done to see why Lt. Romaine is so greatly affected and it seems that she has been invaded by the Lights and is becoming a host for them to live. The Lights reveal themselves to be the collective unconsciousness of a dead planet called Zetar. They Zetarians wish to live in Romaine’s body until they die but as a result she will die. Lt. Romaine is placed in the pressure chamber which will kill the Zetarians but not Lt. Romaine. All is well in the end and everyone is happy and fin. Funnily enough we never see Lt. Romaine again even though she and Scotty were sooooo in love. And also of note is the fact that no remorse is shown for the deaths of the Zetarians who were somewhat of a sympathetic bad guy,, huh?


1 comment:

  1. Librarians... what can I say? Always the source of unrequited love. ;-)

    ReplyDelete