Sunday, October 28, 2012

Journey's End


A change has come into my house once again! I decided that since I watch my TV at the elliptical more often than I watch the TV in the living room I would be better suited switching them out. Now I have a beautiful 32-inch TV in front of my elliptical and an ok 22-inch TV in my living room. It was amazing watching Star Trek today on a bigger TV for the first time since I started this whole process in 2011. Now I am sure in a while I may want a larger TV here in my living room but I don’t think I will need one. In other news this blog has been viewed over 10,000 times since July of 2011. I can’t believe it; it is so amazing that I have somewhat of a worldwide following on this blog. I find it all so motivating and it has made me want to keep this up even more.

Elliptical Machine- Calories: 633, Miles: 3.93
Weight- 197

Journey’s End
The Enterprise has been burdened with a difficult task. They must remove a group of Native American Indian colonists from their home on a planet that is now in Cardassian space because of a recent treaty. The treaty has set up a demilitarized zone between Federation and Cardassian space leaving several planets in the crossfire. Also Wesley Crusher has been picked up while he is on holiday from the Academy. Wesley is happy to be on the Enterprise but he seems to be on edge and it is apparent something is up when he is a total asshole to several of the crewmembers on board the ship. Picard meets with the tribal leaders and they are unwilling to move so a solution must be met. One of the Indians talks to Wesley and has tells him that he has a destiny ahead of him. Wesley meets up with him again and goes on a spirit quest where he has a vision of his father who tells him to follow his own path. Wesley causes a major scene when he tells the Indians they are going to be forcibly removed from the planet. A group of Cardassians shows up and things get worse. A fight breaks out and Wesley somehow stops time and the Indian reveals himself to be The Traveler (from the much earlier in the series). He has returned to help Wesley start his journey of self-discovery and evolution.  The Federation and the Cardassians come to an agreement to let the Indians stay and there is a tentative feeling of hope in the end. Wesley says his farewells and that is the last we see of the young lad.

This episode sets up some of the background for both the Maquis story line later in DS9 and Voyager. It also sets up the American Indian storyline that becomes a central part of Voyager with Chakotay .


No comments:

Post a Comment