Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dark Page


The process of attempting to date and get out in the social world is a tricky and winding path that will eventually lead to a relationship. The problem being that the road to a relationship is filled with twists, turns, distractions, and douche bags. So many people out there appear to enjoy playing games and hiding things. I have come to find out that I am the type of person who does not want to play games and prefers to just lay it all out there from the start how I am feeling. I know that this is sometimes odd for people and can be a turn off for some but it is the way I am. I guess I will just have to wait until I find some guy who is the same way. I’ve been on three dates in the past month and a half which has been great to get out there but damnit I guess I just would like to have two dates with the same person. Am I asking too much? Am I hoping for too much too soon? Should I just start drinking a lot? Or should I buck up and go out to find the next possible person? I choose to quit complaining and pull it together I mean as they say “You need to kiss a lot of frogs”.

Elliptical Machine- calories: 626, miles: 3.88

Dark Page
The Enterprise is playing host to a group of aliens who are looking to join the Federation in the near future. These aliens only communicate through telepathy but are learning to use words to speak with other people and races. To help these aliens learn to speak Lwaxana Troi was sent a few months ago as she can telepathically communicate and use words as well. Lwaxana seems somewhat tired and restless but she still has enough time to attempt to hook her daughter and Maques up with each other. She also introduces her star pupil a young girl named Hedril who Lwaxana has become quite attached to. Lwaxana has a minor meltdown and Crusher finds that she has something wrong with her telepathic lobe in her brain. She is encouraged not to use her telepathic powers so Troi starts working with her mother and the aliens to improve their language before their meeting with the Federation. During a visit to the ships arboretum both Troi’s observe Hedril fall into a pond. Everyone brushes it off but when Hedril comes out of the water Lwaxana had passed out. Maques and Troi decide that they need to get into Lwaxana’s unconscious mind and unlock the “hidden area” that Maques had sensed. Upon entering her mind Troi is confronted with many road blocks to keep her out of Lwaxana’s mind, one of these roadblocks was a meeting with her father who died when she was seven. Troi pushes further into Lwaxana’s mind and forces her to confront her secret hidden truth. The secret is that when Troi was just a baby Lwaxana first child, Kestra, died in an accident. Lwaxana had kept this secret for more than thirty years but now that the truth is out the two women have a renewed and strengthened bond.

The episode features a guest appearance by Kirsten Dunst in one of her first big acting jobs. Kirsten played Hedril in this episode and the part was very small but the next year she made her big debut in Interview With A Vampire. 


1 comment: