Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Gamesters of Triskelion

The last weekend of freedom.. not that I see my job as horrible or a cross to be carried but after this weekend work does start to take over more and more of my life for 9 months. Today I finally hooked my Blu Ray player up to the internet and Netflix. Why on Earth did I wait so long??? I had considered canceling Netflix all together but this I tell you is simply genius. To hell with renting movies or watching movies on my computer! I have always wanted to watch Mad Men but didn’t want to rent or borrow the DVDs.. now I can watch them at my own leisure! I’m so excited.

Today’s Workout:
Treadmill: 2.4 miles and 305 calories


The Gamesters of Triskelion
Kirk, Uhura and Chekov are getting ready to beam down to Gamma 2 when they are kidnapped by an unknown alien society. The aliens kidnapped the crewmembers to be gladiators in their games. The three are assigned drill masters who will prepare them for the games but of course all three refuse to participate and are punished quite frequently. Kirk spends his time trying to learn what he can from his green-haired scantily clad female drill instructor and of course as it always happens he tries to seduce her for information. It works and eventually Kirk finds himself face to face with the gamesters. The gamesters are revealed to be three extremely advanced creatures who are no longer physical in nature. The gamesters are three brains tied into a machine and the only thing they do is kidnap alien species and bet on the games with fake money. Kirk wagers them that if he can beat three of their gladiators at one time that the gladiators and his crew will be set free, if Kirk loses then the entire Enterprise crew will be bound to slavery on Triskelion forever. The subplot of this episode is between McCoy, Spock and Scotty who are desperately trying to find the missing landing party. They are not on Gamma 2 so Spock follows a mysterious Ion trail. McCoy and Scotty protest heavily and essentially Spock must prove himself to these officers. In the end Spock is correct and they find the crew on Triskelion and Kirk wins the fight so everyone is happy, except of course the gamesters.

This episode is basically pure action and fun with a little sidebar message against slavery in the galaxy. Some of the only humor in the show comes from Chekov’s yellow-skinned, deep voiced alien trainer who appears female but does not sound it, and of course who is madly in love with Chekov.



No comments:

Post a Comment