Thursday, July 7, 2011

"The Man Trap"

So Hello everyone and welcome to day one of the "Star Trek Workout". I am going to Workout/Walk my way through all 600+ episodes of Star Trek. I have been a huge Star Trek fan ever since I was a little kid! I can remember staying up late to watch the re-runs of The Original Series episodes late nights on Fox and collecting all of the toys I could get my hands on. My fondest Star Trek Memory is when my grandmother picked me up from a little league baseball game to take me to the Star Trek Convention in Minneapolis. I can remember so much about that day including getting to see James Doohan (Scotty) and Nana Visitor(Mjr. Kira) speak about their Star Trek experiences! Such a dork but... Once a Dork Always a Dork. I've just learned to hide it a little better than when I got my fourth grade picture taken in a Lt. Worf T-Shirt. Coincidentally I also had on a pair of huge glasses that would have made Sally Jesse Raphael jealous.


In the future I will be sharing some insights into my daily life, thoughts on the world and of course Star Trek related quips. I will also keep you up to date on the Workout progress!


Starting Weight: 256 (ouch)


Today's Workout:
Treadmill- 2.25 miles  217calories


The Man Trap
So The Man Trap is the first episode of Star Trek aired on TV and it is low budget wonderfulness galore! So the gist of the story is that McCoy Kirk and some random Blue Shirt officer land on a planet to check out a couple of archeologists. Turns out the lady is McCoy's Ex-GF. Well the lady apparently looks different and the Blue Shirt guy is apparently uber horny and hits on the lady who happens to be married. Well random officers start to die left and right. They figure out that something must be killing all of people, but of course not before the creature makes it to the Enterprise. Well The creature is a shape shifter and continues to cause havoc and leave a string of bodies all over the ship. A thought... How does starfleet keep recruiting new members if seemingly 1 in 4 dies in the first week of service? Anyway the creature is some ugly Salt Vampire and McCoy kills it! All is well the Enterprise is off for another adventure!



1 comment: