Sunday, April 15, 2012

Goldy's Run Wrap-up!

So as you can all see I have not posted a blog in quite a few days, this is not to say that I have not been working out. A lot has been happening. I didn’t work out on Wednesday. On Thursday I realized that I had signed up for a 5K and had never run a mile in my entire life so I decided to pair up with a friend and go for a run. I ran for 2.5 miles that day and felt really exhausted and sore afterwards, which made me very nervous for the 5K. Friday I didn’t work out to provide my body with a little rest and relaxation. Saturday was the big day and I could not be happier with my performance in the run. I ran a 5K without walking at all in 31 minutes! I had so many friends there who were running as well and they were all so supportive and it made me so grateful to have these people in my life! The other thing that helped me was a truly KICK ASS playlist on my iPhone. The song that came on about half way through the run that really helped me out was “Machine” by David Guetta. Today I tried my hand at Pilates and did a 45 minute workout, I may have spent it all on the floor but I can really feel the work out. I think one comic put it best when she said this “Pilates must be a Sanskrit word for ‘try not to fart’”.

In other news I bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner and I think I already have a love/hate relationship with the machine. It is a great vacuum and does a wonderful job and I really love it!!! The only reason I hate it is because in my first use of the machine I had to empty the container six times throughout the whole house. I thought I was doing a good job of cleaning the house but apparently I was not. YIKES

That is all for now and I will continue to “go boldly where no exerciser has gone before” tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment