Sunday, October 16, 2011

For The World Is Hollow And I Have Touched The Sky

I have just entered into a new relationship and I couldn’t be happier. I am now seeing a brand new White iPhone 4. We are less than 24 hours into the relationship but I see it lasting for a long time. So here is the scoop.. I finally got sick enough of my android phone and the iPhone dropped price so I marched into Verizon and picked up my baby. The straw that broke the camel’s back, as it were, was when even after a new software update my Android continued to freeze and shut down independently. I must say a shout out to the cute Verizon sales rep that helped me as well! I asked if the new iPhone 4s was worth the price and the sales rep’s response was this verbatim… “They repackaged it and put an s behind the 4”. I LOVE honest sales representatives soo much! I also got to hang out with the family this weekend which is always great. I also went out to a restaurant in Minneapolis called the Uptown Cafeteria. Food was just ok but the company was good.

Today’s workout-
Treadmill- 250 calories and 1.9 miles
Weekly weigh-in… 229!!!  This puts me at an official loss of 27 pounds. The goal currently stands to loose another 13 by my birthday to put me down an even 40!

For The World Is Hollow And I Have Touched The Sky
More like this is the longest damn episode title I have ever heard in my entire life! The more apt title for the episode would be Dr. McCoy finally gets a chance to get it on with an alien hottie.  The Enterprise is under attack and the origin of the attack is gigantic asteroid. The asteroid is quite large and appears to have some type of independent propulsion system. The Enterprise investigates the asteroid and finds the asteroid to be hollow and that it houses a world full of people. Lets back up a second, at the beginning of the episode we also learn that McCoy has a rare disease with no cure and has only one year left to live. Upon beam down McCoy, Kirk, and Spock are taken captive by the people of the planet. The people are controlled by an oracle who punishes and rewards at random. The female leader of the people takes a shine to McCoy and asks him to stay with her as her mate. Thinking he only has a year to live he agrees. Kirk and Spock are allowed to leave but still must divert the asteroid because it is on a collision course with an inhabited planet. In an attempt save both parties Kirk and Spock intervene and in the end the oracle is destroyed, the asteroid is diverted, the people are freed and shocker McCoy is healed. Apparently the oracle contained massive amounts of knowledge including how to cure rare diseases.
Nothing great here by any means but good for McCoy getting it on and going through life and death all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment