Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tribunal


So to quote Pink “I’ve had a shit day, you’ve had a shit day, we’ve had a shit day”. The day at school went ok I guess and then well I just got into a funk that hasn’t gone away despite an excellent run and a good number on the scale. In talking to my good friend Laura she recommended that I list five positives from the last few days. So here goes:

I finished writing an extremely important and lengthy report for work and the feedback so far from my bosses/supervisors has been very positive

I had a wonderful 3 year observation meeting today with my principal that only reconfirms that I am in the right field and in the right place for me to make an impact in the lives of the amazing students I have the privilege of working with each day.

I submitted 2 pages of my yearbook that have taken a lot of planning and work time to create and they look FABULOUS.

I just got the coolest asymmetrical blazer in the mail that I intend to wear tomorrow in one of the coolest outfits of all time. I like to think of myself as one of the best dressed guys at my job which I find fun. This one sounds a little arrogant but I really don’t mean it to be.

I stepped on the scale this evening and the number was very nice, 197 which is great. I have been working towards getting back to 190-195 since the new year and I am getting close.

I killed my run today at the gym. 3 miles in 35 minutes. I  am working my way up to a ten minute mile pace, but will honestly settle for an 11 minute mile.

I learned that my grandfather had a stroke over the weekend which is a bummer but the positive is that he is still alive and is stable. I intend to visit him this week, most likely on Friday.

I got to spend the night on Sunday watching the Oscars with my sister and next Monday we are going to see Maroon 5 together for her birthday!

I am nearing the end of the second season of Deep Space Nine and season three is where the show started to take off and get really good.

I guess a tenth positive is that I have a really great group of friends who support me and love me and who are willing to tell me when I’m being an idiot. I have been kind of dealing with a big question lately and each of my close friends has given me wonderful advice on how to handle the situation but everyone has ended with this comment “Paul , I just want you to be happy because that is what you deserve”. I am blessed.

I guess an 11th blessing has been the discovery of the SWEET BROWN clip on youtube which has brought endless joy to my life…. OH LORD JESUS IT’S A FAAAHRE!

Tribunal
The O’Briens are leaving on vacation for the first time in 5 years and the chief is running a little late. You see a good friend of his has stopped by the station and the two connect for a few minutes in the hallway. While on their way to  their destination the O’Briens are stopped by a Cardassian ship and the chief is brought to Cardassia Prime as a prisoner. Cardassian justice is a little different than the justice system on Federation planets. On Cardassia the verdict is discovered before the accused is brought to trial and the verdict is always guilty. No one is telling O’Brien the crime he has been charged for but eventually the Cardassian judge contacts the station to review the charges. O’Brien has been charged with selling arms to a terrorist group. Odo and Keiko leave for Cardassia where Odo will be O’Brien’s legal aid. Odo takes as much time to extend the trial as long as possible as to buy the crew of the station more time. Dax discovers that a voice print by O’Brien was altered and that his friend Boone is not who he says he was. The crew discovers that Boone is actually a Cardassian in disguise. Boone is brought before the judge and O’Brien is set free. 

Check out this crazy Cardassian bitch judge's hair... WOW

No comments:

Post a Comment