Monday, February 11, 2013

Profit and Loss


Last night I had a nightmare that I was being chased by a strange man through some type of shopping mall. I ran through the mall being ignored by the various shoppers as I screamed for help until my voice couldn’t make a sound. I then ran into the bathroom to escape and then the man entered the bathroom and he killed me with a very large knife/sword object. At that point I woke up screaming in my bed at about 2:30 am. Oddly enough I woke up later on this morning and put on a red and blue striped sweater that somewhat resembles the one worn by Freddy Kruger. It is a good thing that I didn’t die in real life like how it happens when Freddy Kruger kills you in the movies.

Elliptical Machine: Calories: 555, Miles: 3.35

Profit and Loss
A Cardassian shuttle has been towed into the station as it has suffered some pretty severe damage. The three passengers are a Professor Lang and her two students Houge and Rekelen. On a quick tour of the promenade Natima Lang is intercepted by Quark and it is revealed that two used to be lovers. The episode now becomes a cat and mouse game of Quark trying to convince Natima to stay on the DS9 with him and Natima trying to get her students out safely. Natima and her students are part of the Cardassian underground trying to overthrow the military rule of the empire. The three plan to escape as soon as possible but things are complicated when Garak informs on the rebels to the Cardassian high command. A deal is struck between Bajor and Cardassia for a prisoner exchange but Quark appeals to Odo to let them go. In the end Quark and Odo manage to get the three to their shuttle but not before Garak is convinced to allow them to leave.

This is a really good episode of Deep Space Nine but it is really hard to explain all of the ins and outs of the story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment